The Boos 1887 Cutting Board Collection was inspired by the original Boos butcher blocks that were handcrafted in 1887 from a single solid piece of hardwood. Our Boos 1887 Rustic-Edge Design cutting boards are also made from a single piece of natural hardwood, which is as close to nature as you can get. They are kiln-dried, with rustic edges. You can even count the age-rings within the rich tones of the wood grain. Each board is slightly different and has its own unique story to tell. Some will have more rustic characteristics than others, like knotholes, and vibrant color variations. All these features make each board beautiful, unique and chock-full of marvelous character.
• Thickness: 1-3/4"
• American Cherry
• Sizing is approximately 13"-21" due to the rust edges of the wood. Crafted of one solid piece of renewable and sustainable American Hardwood
• Energy efficient: 25% less carbon footprint and utilizes 25% less material waste
• Boos Block Cream With Beeswax Finish
• Made In USA
To prolong the life of your butcher block surface, follow these simple care and maintenance instructions.
1. A minimum of once a month (depending upon the use and household conditions), apply an even coat of Boos Mystery Oil to your butcher block surface using our Boos Block Applicator. Make sure the butcher block surface is clean from debris, dirt, oil, or grease before applying Mystery Oil.
2. Allow the Mystery Oil to fully penetrate into the wood fibers overnight, then wipe off any excess oil.
3. Apply additional oil to any visible dry spots. Do not over oil your wood surface.
4. It is recommended to use Boos Block Board Cream to seal the top of the wood surface after applying the Mystery Oil. Apply an even coat of the Board Cream using the applicator. Allow the Board Cream to penetrate the wood surface overnight, then wipe off any excess Board Cream.
There is no doubt that John Boos craftsmen love and know wood and stainless steel. We are experts in handcrafting top quality products of beauty, durability and function. Our pride in craftsmanship represents John Boos & Co.’s commitment to quality and is proudly displayed as the final touch to many of our heirloom quality products. Pride and Craftsmanship are the key ingredients in everything that we do.
We take pride in sourcing our hardwood lumber from NHLA (National Hardwood Lumber Association) affiliated lumber mills in the United States. Made in the USA.